Tuesday, May 7, 2013

116 Days Left (Casey)

So today as I drove around campus here at BYU, I happened to drive by the Student Athletic Building and passed Ross Apo and Cody Hoffman as they left the building, and because I am a football junky I immediately started thinking about this coming year of BYU football. No I didn't stop and creep out on them and ask for autographs (although maybe I should have) but I did think of what is going on this coming year in Cougar football. A lot has changed since last year, the entire Offensive Coaching staff has changed which in my eyes is a very needed upgrade. The Defense lost a lot of weapons with there interior D lineman gone and there 2 inside linebackers gone, not to mention depth at the corners position. Also next years schedule took a huge jump up in difficulty with Virginia, Texas, Utah, Utah State, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Boise State, and a good Nevada team. But all that being said there is talent coming back with KVN, Kafusi, The two WR I mentioned earlier, Jamaal Williams, and Taysom Hill just to name a few, this year will be a lot of fun to watch. So with only 116 Days till BYU at Virginia (August 31) here is a pump up video from BYU's season last year.
Plus here is a national College Football Pump up Video for all who are not BYU fans but love college football as much as me!

2 comments:

  1. Casey I'm curious as to your way to early prediction of the BYU USU game. Both have a lot of talent returning. USU return their entire O-line and chuckie as well as most of their defensive starters. The game is also in Logan. What are you predicting? Score?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be a close game. I think Utah State has the most experienced group in the state and as of now the best QB in the state. They also lost there best CB and RB from last year to the NFL. I think because BYU wants to play fast, if Utah State can have a few early stops it will fluster BYU and they could win it by at least 7. But if BYU can score on there first few possessions it would take the crowd out of it and BYU could win it by 3. I think even with the experience on the O Line Utah state is going to have problems with KVN and Spencer Hadley, BYU's 2 outside linebackers. They are so athletic and instinctual that they will cause all the teams BYU plays fits. But with all that said I still have to look back at the last time BYU went to Logan and played Utah State in 2010, BYU got beat down 31-16. That won't happen this time but because of what they did to Utah last year and to BYU in 2010 I will have to take in a close game Utah State by 3!

    ReplyDelete