Sunday, November 20, 2011

BCS Championship! (Casey)

So As the college football season winds down the continued argument year in and year out is Who Are The Two Best Teams That Should Play For The Title? And every year since the BCS has been in place we leave it up to computers to figure it out. This year is a little different, with so many 1 loss teams its up for debate which one of them is the best and if LSU loses who would the 2 best teams be? There is one thing for sure, I'm not a big fan of rematches and to think there is a possibility of a Alabama Vs LSU championship game. But lets take a look at all the one loss teams and see which ones you think should play for the title.
  1. Alabama: Won this week- #2 in BCS, plays @ #24 Auburn
  2. Arkansas: Won this week- #3 in BCS plays @ #1 LSU
  3. Stanford: Won this week- #6 in BCS plays #22 Notre Dame then a possible Pac 12 Championship game.
  4. Oklahoma State: Lost this week- #4 in BCS Plays #9 Oklahoma 
  5. Virginia Tech: Won this week- #5 in BCS Plays @Virginia then the ACC Championship against #17 Clemson
  6. Boise State: Won this week- #7 in BCS Plays Wyoming and New Mexico 
  7. Undefeated Houston: Won this week- #8 Plays @ Tulsa then the CUSA championship
So there is your BCS top 8 teams along with #1 LSU. Take your pick and let me know what will happen and what should happen!

    4 comments:

    1. I love the pic cause its true i think you have to win your conference to be able to compete in the title game.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm in the group of people who think that the smaller conferences such as conference USA and wac and Mt. west and such don't play the same caliber of games week in and week out so with that said I believe Houston and Boise state though both deserving of a BCS bowl game not deserving of a national championship. The best conference as much as I hate the sec teams is the sec so they should have a team represented and I also believe that if you don't win your conference that you shouldn't be allowed in the game so unless LSU loses to Georgia that counts out both Alabama and Arkansas The Acc and Big East to me are only a notch above those weaker conferences I mentioned earlier so count them out. So the team in my opinion now has to come from the pac 12, Big 12, or Big ten and none of the teams from these conferences want to be the big dog who emerges as the clear cut #1. For me it would be ideal if Georgia beat LSU in the SEC title game and that would leave only Houston as the only undefeated team and the debate would get really fun. Can we have a co co co co co and co national champ? I hope my post was confusing because to me that's what this whole BCS system is. I can take the top ten teams and pick one and I can make a case for or against why they deserve to be in the national championship. The whole system is stupid. Almost every sport from pee wee to pro has a playoff system of some kind and it seems to work for everyone else. So let's settle the national champion debate on the field where it belongs and not with a computer.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Here is what im going to do. Im going to simulate a game with the top 10 BCS teams and do a makeshift playoff and post the results. Leave it up to NCAA 12 on the PS3 to determine a true national championship!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love it.I think the ps 3 could probably pick the better matchup than the bcs computers anyway.

      ReplyDelete