Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Playoff Predictions and Super Bowl Champs! (Casey)



Its one week into the NFL Playoffs and since my team got beat (In a heartbreaker for me) I think I can be less bias toward the remaining teams and pick a winner. So above is my bracket that I made to show who I think will move on from this weeks games and eventually become this years Super Bowl Champions. I have good reason for each of these games and why I picked them and i will explain every game and some of the reasons I picked who I picked.
  • Game 1 This was a tough game on here for me to pick from this coming weekend and it is the San Francisco 49ers and the New Orleans Saints game on Saturday at 2:30. This is a tough one because you are looking at the #1 overall Defense in San Francisco going up against 5000+ yard QB and a very potent offense in the Saints. But In the end I think the Saints are just on such a roll that they will be able to pull this out and beat the 49ers in a close game. I think that the fact that the game will be outdoors will aid the 49ers defense a little but there offense just hasn't shown that it can consistently put up points so if they are going to win they will need to make this a dirty game and just run the ball with Frank Gore and keep the ball out of Drew Brees hands. This one should be interesting I have the Saints 21 the 49ers 17.
  • Game 2 Is the other NFC game and it is between the defending champs the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants on Sunday at 2:30. I picked the Giants because of two things. 1st the Giants are a team that has the capability to run the ball behind Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw which in turn will keep the ball from Aaron Rodgers and that scary good Packers offense. The 2nd reason is the fact that the Packers O-Line is hurt and this Giants Defensive front is one of the best in the NFL. If you stop Justin Tuck you will lose to Jason Pierre-Paul or Osi Umenyiora and visa versa. If the Giants can put pressure on Rodgers much like the Kansas City Chiefs did and if the offense can move the ball and own the clock they will be able to win this game. I have this game in a close one Giants 24, Packers 21!
  • Now to the AFC and Game 1 between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos on Saturday at 6. Now Im going to have to use the T word here but bare with me on this. Tebow is a winning QB! The decisions he made agains Pittsburgh were great and he was able to throw the ball all over the field on them. But that was against a broken down Steelers team and now they have to face a well rested and healty Patriots team in Foxborough Massachusets where Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have been waiting and Im sure have come up with a plan to stop Saint Tebow. This Patriots team is just to good and I know that there are some great atheletes on the Broncos Defense but who are they going to stop? You stop the run, Brady kills you with the passing game with Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Branch, even Ochocinco. Now New Englands Defense is horrible but I think the offense will score enough to win the game. Patriots 38, Denver 17!
  • Last game of the day will be between the Baltimore Ravens and the Houston Texans on Sunday at 11. Houston is just so young and on there backups backups backup QB in JJ Yates but having said that the kid wins games. But he has never faced a Defense like the Ravens and even with Arian Foster and Andre Johnson healty I dont think they will be able to overcome the Ravens Defense. Plus Its time for Joe Flacco to step up and win a playoff game and he has the weapons around him with Ray Rice running the ball and WR like Anquan Boldin (who will play) and Torrey Smith. Ravens 31 Houston 14!
  • So that leaves in the NFC Championship Game, The New Orleans Saints Vs The New York Giants. Because the Saints will be the higher seed they will get home field advantage and for that reason alone they will win the game.All the same arguments I just made above apply to both team but I am going to pick the Saints in a slugfest, Saint 27, Giants 21!
  • Next is the AFC Championship Game where the Patriots will host the Ravens. This game will be very interesting but I just think that the Ravens Defense will do just enough to slow down the Patriots, kind of follow the Steelers model of getting to Tom Brady, and the Ravens Offense will score enough on this bad Patriots D that they will pull it out and win the game in Foxborough! Ravens 17, Partriots 14!
  • So Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis will be between the New Orleans Saints and the Baltimore Ravens. Again this is going to be a dome game and for some reason Drew Brees can put up crazy numbers in domes. The Ravens will get after him and cause problems but I see Brees slowing the game down, throwing all over the field and outpaceing the Ravens offense. This will be a great game and as much as it hurts (Being a Steelers Fan) I think the Ravens will have a shot at the end but Drew Brees will bring the Saints to the promise land. Saints 21, Ravens 20!
So there you have it my Playoff and Super Bowl predictions. Im sure you all agree with everything I have said and think that I am spot on with all my reasoning, but if you slightly disagree with me and want to let me know what you think will happen and why leave a comment and let me know. Thanks for reading and have fun watching these games!

No comments:

Post a Comment