Friday, January 20, 2012

We All Have Strange Sports Superstitions! Don't We?(Casey)

There was a video posted on youtube of a woman who was crying hysterically after the Packers lost on Sunday and was yelling at her friend. Why was she yelling you might ask, was her friend a Giants fan? Was her friend a  Bears fan? NO its because (with a little help from a few drinks) her friend told her to put sparkles on her fingernails and to wear her Clay Matthews jersey instead of  Aaron Rodgers Jersey. (http://youtu.be/ZjvXxwvg8mc) Then today at lunch I was watching a recorded Late Night With Jimmy Fallon from last night and he does this think called Late Night Hashtags where he has people tweet in different things from a topic he chooses and last night was called #GAMEDAYSUPERSTITIONS.(http://youtu.be/cRSyZZr44Wo) All I can say is I thought I was superstitious I have nothing on some of these people. Now I do admit I am superstitious, I do my little quarky things before and during alot of games and I'm not afraid to share them. For example one thing I like to do is buy a new hat and or t-shirt before every new BYU football season and wear it or them during the first game, if they win I keep wearing it until they lose then I have to change back into one of my old ones and start over. Another thing that I do is change seats alot and normally end up standing in one place for most of the game, if the place Im sitting does not work I move around. Yeah Im strange I know but in my head it works for the team, i mean forget all the hard work they put into preparing and practicing as long as I have my new hat on and Im standing in the corner of my living room I know they will win. I have been known also to leave a room and if they begin to win I will stay out of the room for a while just to make sure. But enough about me I want to know If Im in the norm here or if Im just crazy (crazier than I already know I am)? Sports fans are you superstitious and If so what are some of the funny/strange to outsiders things you do to help your team win if not only in our minds? Leave a comment below and let me know. Watch that Jimmy Fallon Video and you will realize that nothing you do is TO strange or embarrassing! So If you happen to come over to my house while Im watching a BYU, or Steelers, or even a Jazz game, don't be suprised if I move around alot Im just trying to help the team win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will wear the same shirt or shirt combination to try to mimic the last win's wardrobe. I will not move unless my team is losing for fear me watching is bad luck. Superstitions are really funny, but they work... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must be related but I don't know where this comes from, i mean I don't remember dad or mom doing this stuff!

      Delete
  2. we must be brothers i always buy a new chiefs shirt each year and i will continue until they win it all then i may keep that one ha. i may end up with alot of shirts

    ReplyDelete