Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Amazing finish! (Casey)

This year as in many  years past I have became totally addicted to the NHL Playoffs and the chase for Lord Stanley's Cup! This NHL season was short because of the lockout but the Playoffs were spectacular especially the Stanley Cup Final between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks! This was a game between two recent champs (Blackhawks in 2010 and Bruins in 2011). This series had 4 OT periods in 6 games played and it looked like it was going to a Game 7 (which I kind of wish happened) until this happened. 


One of my favorite parts of the NHL playoffs is after the series is ended, both teams line up and show mutual respect for each other by shaking each others hands. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for the Bruins Players to do after this heartbreaking loss. But the respect for the game and each other no matter how nasty it got out there is what in my mind makes the NHL playoffs one of my favorite in all sports. Plus I think the Stanley Cup is by far the Best Looking Trophy handed out in all professional sports!

Kissing the Cup

1 comment:

  1. By the way "Doc" Emrick is THE BEST Play by Play in all professional sports!(Casey)

    ReplyDelete