Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Why is it your team! (Casey)

I heard on the Radio today a guy ask this question. Why do you cheer for the teams you do? Is it because of where you grew up? Were you born into cheering for that team? Or did you choose said team because of a specific player or coach? Its a very interesting question and got me thinking about why I cheer for the teams I do. There can be many reason why I specifically cheer for the teams that I do, And if I look at all team that I enjoy cheering for it is because of many reason that I cheer for them. For example, I cheer for the Utah Jazz in the NBA because of where I live. I cheer for BYU because when I was born that is who my Dad always cheered for so its always been that way and also because they are local and close to where I grew up so I got to go to many games. Now When it comes to my pro teams that I cheer for it varies. I cheer for 2 teams that hail from Pittsburgh and I cheer for these two teams for different reasons. I cheer for the Pittsburgh Penguins because Sid Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are my favorite player to watch in the NHL. I cheer for the Pittsburgh Steelers because when I was little I remember watching a NFL films video that my family owned that specifically showed the AFC North, In the video Pittsburgh was shown with Neil O'Donald as there QB and there team was awesome. So from then on I kind of chose them as my team along with my brothers who I think also can contribute there rooting interest to that same video. So I am curious about all our readers, why did you pick the teams you did? It will make you think, it did me!

Also in case your not excited enough about football season which the NFL regular season begins in 65 days and the NCAA season begins in 58 days, here are a couple videos to get your blood pumpin! Also if your curious High School Football in Utah starts August 23rd! ENJOY! CAN'T WAIT!

NFL Big hits

 
NCAA Pump Up

3 comments:

  1. (Tyler) Your right Casey, i actually chose the Raiders long ago after getting my play raiders football gear and watching Marcus Allen on that video, guy was such a stud i continued cheering for the Silver and Black. I'm pretty sure that same video had an impact on Dallin choosing the Chiefs too with Christian Akoye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cowboys because when I was little I loved Tony Dorsett and I had a shirt with his name and number on it and have liked them ever since. I like the Texas longhorns because when I was a kid I liked their logo with the bad a@@ mean looking longhorn and I like byu because I use to go to their games when I was a kid and enjoyed going to the games with my dad and brother so I like my teams for a number of different reasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teams for the most part were because of who played on them. I like the Raiders because of Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson and Tim Brown were all there at the time. I like the Spurs because of David Robinson (it helped that they were the Jazz's big rivals and I hated the Jazz). I like the LA Kings because Gretzky was there at the time. The teams that I like for reasons other than that are: I love the Dodgers because that was the team that I was broght up cheering for. It was the one team that everyone in my family cheered for (plus my grandpa and grandma having season tickets helped as well). BYU is the other one. I love them because that was where my mom and dad both attended and the games that I went to as a kid.

    ReplyDelete