Monday, August 26, 2013

BYU notes (Casey)

Everybody we are only 5 days away for BYU vs Virginia and I can't wait. So here are some BYU notes that you all might like to read and my reminder!

BYU has released there 2 deep depth chart. There are a few interesting thing listed on the two deep.

The depth chart is kind of what we expected except I really like that they moved Hadley to the Buck Linebacker spot and gave time to a very talented linebacker in Alani Fua to get out and play. There are only 4 spots that are solidified on the offensive side of the ball with the QB, RBs and Center, everyone else will be rotating in and out a lot. Also the secondary is going to be interesting. Look for PoVey and Leavitt to be switching in and out as well as Daniels and Davis but not as much if you ask me. At some point I would like to see Manumaleuna be able to move out to End and have Marques Johnson take over at the NT to add depth and I really thing JonRyheem Peoples will get playing time soon and will be a beast. So anyway here it is everyone take a look and see what you think. Let me know if anything stands out to you or you think will be different.

This Made me sick today. So I was scrolling through twitter today and came across a couple tweets that made me angry and actually changed my mind to me wanting Utah to beat Utah State (Sorry USU fans). Someone that goes by the twitter handle @TheShow which has something to do with San Diego State University, the tweet read (with Editing) "Seriously F@#$ BYU! OK well there was a reply to that tweet by someone that goes by the twitter handle @USUFacts and this tweet read "AGREED, CHEATING MORMONS #KILLEMALL. Then after that they tweeted about Taysoms knee (calling him Gaysom) and used the hashtag BREAKITAGAIN. But to no surprise to me about 2 hours after that tweet went out the twitter account @USUFacts was deleted. Way to show class there USU fans. I expect that vomit coming from SDSU but not from the Aggies. I know its not all of you but the vocal minority can ruin it for all. I had the Aggies with a win over the Utes and Cougars this year but I will be cheering OUT LOUD for the Utes and of course the COUGARS this year. 

Here is a late note coming out about an hour ago:


BYU has announced that they have agreed to a home and home with the California Bears. The Cougars will be heading to Cal in 2014 and then have the Bears come to Provo in 2017. This game in 2014 fills out the Cougars schedule with home games against Virginia, USU, Nevada,  Houston, UNLV, and Southern Miss and road games against Texas, UConn, Cal, Boise State, UCF, and Middle Tennessee. Looks like a good schedule for next year and the 2017 home schedule should be real good with home games against Wisconsin, Cal, Boise St and San Jose State, and yes this should be the Utah home game but it has not been made official so its not listed yet.
Here is the link to BYU's official announcement:
http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-cal-announce-two-game-series

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised to see Ridley starting over Apo. I know that they will be rotating a lot, but that jusy=t surprises me.

    ReplyDelete